Bribie Island Location
An island paradise all around you!
Bribie Island is located 70 km and around 50 minutes drive north of Brisbane CBD, Close to the Sunshine Coast and within the Moreton Bay region – perfect for a holiday or weekend get-away.
Beautiful Bribie is accessed by a bridge. The island, 84% of which is pristine National Park, is flanked on its western side by the protected waters of the Pumicestone Passage.
This is a boating paradise as well as a declared marine sanctuary which is home to dolphins and turtles, pelicans and other waterbirds.
The island is also a boating gateway to Moreton Bay’s thousands of square kilometres of boating and fishing waters, and the bluewater pleasures of the ocean.
On the Beach Resort Bribie Island is located adjacent to the area patrolled by the Woorim Surf Life Saving Club on Bribie Island’s eastern side, which features over thirty kilometres of uninterrupted surf beach where four-wheel driving is permitted.
Within walking distance of the resort you’ll find a hotel and cafes, restaurants, a bakery, newsagent, chemist and doctor’s surgery.
How to Reach Us
To reach us, take the Caboolture/Bribie Island exit from the Bruce Hwy and follow Bribie Island Road. Once over the bridge, follow signs to Woorim Surf Beach. First Avenue turns left into North St, which is where you will find us, on your right!
Transport options include a train to Caboolture Station and then a Bus 640 which stops directly in front of the Resort in North Street .
For Airport Transfers to Bribie Island we recommend Forrest Airport Transfer Service
Activities and Atractions
There’s something to suit every preference: water sports, wildlife, fishing, boating, swimming, surfing, walks, magnificent views….
- Dine out, whatever your tastes. Anywhere from hotels, to sophisticated restaurants, to charming cafes, abound.
- The island also features a wide range of sporting and recreational facilities including bowls clubs, golf courses, an aquatic centre, boat hire, walking trails, paragliding, fishing, tennis, and more.
- Whatever your age or interests, Bribie Island offers an almost limitless choice of activities to make your holiday enjoyable….
- Take a good book on to your ocean view balcony and read, or watch the ships pass by.
- Surf in front of the resort, or relax with a picnic beside one of the island’s many delightful stillwater beaches. Learn to surf, click here!
- Fish from the shore, or launch your boat from any number of public boat ramps. Boat hire is available from Bribie Island Boat Hire (no licence required). Bribie Island Boat Charters, Bribie Passage Kiosk & Boat Hire.
- Four-wheel drive along kilometres of empty beach beside pristine National Park (permit required). 4WD access to the beach is just north of the resort. https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/parks/bribie-island/journeys/ocean-beach-drive
- Dave’s Parasailing, tandem trips available. Phone:3408 1036
- Eco Tours and Ferry Cruises are available on the beautiful Pumicestone Passage to spot wildlife such as turtles, dolphins and dugong. Bookings essential www.ferryman.com.au
- The world famous Australia Zoo is only a 40 min drive away, and the picturesque towns of Maleny and Montville with their stunning vistas of the Glasshouse Mountains make a short day trip. Discounted tickets may be purchased at Reception.
- Further day trips include Underwater World (discount tickets available at reception)
- Walk the kids to the two parks in Woorim, each with modern play equipment, bbq facilites and picnic areas and a new skateboard park.
- Golf Bribie island has two golf courses including the magnificent Pacific Harbour Golf and Country Club.
- Visit the new Seaside Museum at Bongaree for a fascinating look at the history of Bribie Island.
- Sunday Markets
1st Sunday of the month 8am – 12 First Avenue Car Park, First Avenue, Bongaree
2nd Sunday of the month 7 am – 12 Brennan Park, Bongaree
3rd Sunday of the month 7 am Church market, church grounds, Foley St, Bongaree
- Bribie Island Farmers Markets every Saturday, Pacific Harbour Marina